Our goal is to ensure that all of our pupils become effective learners. Through the federation they will have the skills to become:
- Ready to learn
- Accepting of others
- Critical thinkers
We can achieve this by wholeheartedly committing to nurturing children in an environment that is caring and personalised to the needs of the individual.
All children are welcomed. We build self-esteem and independence through collaborative, outdoor and active learning, giving pupils the opportunity and self-confidence to express themselves in new and challenging situations.
Today, when academic qualifications are increasingly important, and when ‘everyone is as clever as everyone else’, we help our pupils to stand out from the crowd by equipping them with the confidence to embrace chal-lenging situations, and to articulate their ideas.
By committing to these principles our children will feel:
- I can hold my head high with confidence.
- I have good discussion skills, can debate my point, and acknowledge the views of others.
- I can recognise my successes and learn from my experiences.
- I can ask relevant questions and am inquisitive about the world.
- I have a set of skills I can apply in a range of situations creatively.
- I can work with others to achieve a positive outcome.
- I am resilient because I persevere with hope and courage in order to solve problems.
- I can measure and judge risk to know how to keep safe.
- I can express myself in a range of situations with confidence.
- I know I have the space to grow emotionally and spiritually and can express how I feel.
- I can take responsibility for my own learning.